If you are expecting and have started updating your wardrobe, I suspect you’ve already noticed that items marketed towards pregnant women are automatically labeled with much higher price stickers than comparable non- pregnancy items. Believe it or not, cheap cute maternity clothes are not a figment of your imagination! They do exist, you just need to know where to look. Here are some of my favorite places:
- I keep talking about Zulily but that’s because it’s totally awesome! Zulily sells high end women’s clothing (including maternity clothes), housewares and goodies for the kiddoes at a massive discount. The downside is that everything is available in limited quantities and purchases are not returnable.
- Check out your local maternity consignment shops. Most only accept gently used trendy clothing and its yours for the taking at a fraction of the original cost.
- Check out Old Navy, The Gap, and H&M. Old Navy and H&M carry cheap cute maternity clothes. The Gap has a selection as well, however, their options are usually pricier. All three retailers carry maternity wear online and in select stores.
- Get into the habit of shopping sale and clearance racks at your favorite maternity clothing shops. All stores have a strategy for clearing out their merchandise. They frequently place items on sale and then leftover items get clearance out. Get to know these cycles by checking out merchandise on a frequent basis. Don’t be shy and ask sales associates at these stores when things go on sale.
- Sign up for e-newsletters at your favorite maternity clothing shops. Although frequent communication from these folks can be quite annoying, you will get e-mails with special sale and clearance announcements.
- Target is one of my favorite places to find cheap cute maternity clothes. First of all, most of their maternity line is designed by Liz Lang who definitely knows what she is doing. Secondly, Target always has a clearance rack with these clothes and almost always has online coupons (coupons.target.com) for pregnancy wear.
- Bonus suggestion… these clothes are free! Most women can’t wait to get rid of their pre-baby wardrobe but feel bad about throwing away something they invested money into and only used for a short period of time. Got any stylish friends, co-workers or acquaintances that recently had babies? Ask these ladies to share any clothing they may have in your size.