Inexpensive maternity clothes are great but free maternity clothes are even better! No, this is not too good to be true. I promise! Here is a list of places and ideas for getting those free maternity clothes we all dream about.
- Ask new moms. Most women are more than happy about getting rid of old maternity clothes that remind them of their less flattering days. Let all the women in your life know you are looking for maternity clothes. If you are lucky enough to have a meddling mother or mother-in-law, (I mean that lovingly)she will approach her friends and acquaintance in her attempts to hel you out.
- Check out your local Freecycle Network. “The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 5,104 groups with 9,412,192 members around the world. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by local volunteers (them’s good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on ‘Browse Groups’ above the search box. Have fun! Check to see where the closest Freecycle Network is located HERE.
- Craigslist is full of kind hearted folks that don’t want to throw gently used things out. Dig around and see what you can find.
- There are a bunch of baby stuff swaps around. Moms swap gently used baby items along with maternity clothes they no longer need. Search for local Facebook and Meetup groups to find swaps near you.
- Recycle you pre- pregnancy clothes and transform them into maternity clothing. Check out the article I recently wrote on this topic: 8 Clothing Items in Your Re-Pregnancy Closet that Convert to Great Maternity Clothes